Sunday, January 15, 2006

Breakthrough!

Well, I say breakthrough because I had the worst and best class today. In one of the classes called the 'orange' class that I was teaching... I went in with a little white board and was getting them to write their name and speak certain English phrases along with it; like, "can i have the marker please?" We were all doing fine, and I had all of their attention when all of a sudden I noticed one of the girls that is usually really good and just sits there without causing any kind of trubble giving one of the other girls a really huge scolding, and so much that she started bawling her eyes out. They all started coutning to 10, and then by the end of it she was a mess! (Mike, if you're reading this it was Ella and Becky). So Ella just kept on yelling right at Becky and Becky just kept on bawling. And then all the rest of the kids joined in. It was horrible! But it turned out to be a good thing only in terms of English, cuz I was asking Ella why she was so angry, and I heard most of the class speak more English that I thought they were capable of! Wowzers. Strange how that happens.

Anyhoo...in regards to my ailment of feeling really spaced out..today I really feel much much better and more myself. I guess it was just a phase. It's not quite over yet, but I feel better at least.

I"m on a longer break than normal right now because two classes are out doing something else. That's fine with me! So- I went downstairs to the piano school, and tinkered around on the piano for half hour. Man, I am SOOOO in need of practice. The piano teacher likes me enough to let me come in and play whenever, which I really like. Maybe I'll get back on track with piano, and who knows, maybe I'll take piano lessons too!

I'm on such a high right now. Just can't believe how easy my life is here. I have less stress in a way than i ever have in my life. I love my job, I like where I live, I like the friends I have made here, I have a constant challenge to learn Korean (the language), and I'm earning more than I have ever earned in my life, AND I can pay my bills at home off! My Mastercard has been in arrears for a few years now, even though my account is cancelled, but now i can finally pay the 500 that i owe! How pathetic is that? And my lawyer from my divorce years ago who has died in the process...poor guy. What a relief to feel like I can pay that stuff off. Wow.

AND I can afford to save a bit up for a new digital camera and a laptop hopefully. We'll see. I'd really like to come home for my girlfriend Alison's wedding in June though...Hmmm.... We'll see.

Kay I gotta run to class. Here goes!

No comments: