Monday, September 04, 2006

Worried sick...literally! :S

Yep, I got sick somehow. Probably cuz I really need to eat more veggies. Here I'm a vegetarian and I never seem to eat veggies. Bad girl.

It was a flu-like sickness...and now I've got a cold. Thank goodness I seem to have slept most of it off on Sunday. It's the worst. The sicknesses I have had here all seem to be the same idea. A sore sore throat, that evolves into flu like ACHES and head cold. The runny nose is RUNNY..as in all of a sudden you'd better have something there to catch it or else! Sorry for the descriptions..but hey..the point was to document all of my stay here in Korea..so this is part of it! And if you're thinking of coming here, it helps to know what u might be in for if u do get sick!
I also highly reccommend if its possible to bring all the meds you're used to from home cuz the meds here dont seem to work as strongly as Canadian or 'American' ones do. ANyway..that's it for that blurb. SItting here in a super smoky PC bang doesnt help too much. THing is you go home and u reek like smoke. Man, I feel like I complain too much.

Anyhoo, heard from my friend who just moved to Moscow to teach English. You GO, Obi Radski! Proud o ya. Now TELL ME THE STORY OF NYC!!! Darmit! I'd like to compare the differences of teaching there and here. Hmmmmm. Interesting thought. I wonder if I could get a job in Egypt teaching, and as a woman would I like it there? Hmmmm.... Or Turkey? Oooh the possibilities!

So, lately I think i've worried myself sick because I've been fretting a lot about going back to Canada, and the issues that will be waiting for me when I get back. UGH...NOT looking forward to it. I'm SUPER looking forward to seeing my friends and family and someone who has my heart on the shores of English Bay. Can't help it. It's gonna be sooo wierd. I've loved the lifestyle here, and I've been sooo spoiled. I've not saved nearly as much as I thought ..but I have paid some things that I wouldnt have been able to in Canada...that's for sure.

I've been able to buy cool clothes, and go places in Korea, and I've taken a trip to Japan, short as it was I've got the stamp and the experience! I was fully expecting and planning to go somewhere 'BIG' on the holiday in October, but it turns out I'll be doing that in November when my contract is over. I have then been thinking...what if I could go to China?!!! Oooh! I really would love to go to see Beijing and Xian where the Terracotta warriors are...and do some shopping that's cheaper than Korea so I hear! How can that be?!!! Man, maybe that's a good reason not to go! But I'm in ASIA darmit! I gotta go places while I can!

Hmmm...save vs experience like i've dreamed of...

So that's the thing, I've got 10 days off, and I will be spending money one way or another. And if China is cheaper...but if I stay in Korea then I'd like to go see Kyongju, the place that is raved about for historical architecture etc..in Korea. A must see...and maybe the DMZ in Seoul. I could cruize Seoul and see more of it...cuz I have only been able to experience rushed weekends there. That's a possibility. But I could be spending the same amount there as going to China. What to do...Someone make up my mind for me!

And the next issue..is saving to go to Egypt! I dont really even feel that it is real! That I'm planning to go..really! TO EGYPT! Strangie! Oh man, but the things I'm gonna see and do! And share! And experience! And yep, I'm going with an insider that knows where he's going! And that's so fantastic, cuz I wouldnt be able to do it myself that's for sure!

So I could actually count the weeks now. I'm feeling anxious about leaving in general. Korea has become normal to me, and now I'm feeling as anxious as I was about leaving Canada...but I know as soon as I get up in the plane to Egypt that will be another adventure fulfilled. But going back to Canada and the the 'known' I'm not sure. It's like I want to live up to the meaning in my name...Wendy means 'wanderer' apparently.

Well, I suppose it's cuz I'm floating after this, and I'm not clear on which direction to go after this. I do know that I'll pursue teaching in Vancouver and see how I feel about that. I do love teaching, but part of me really wants to design still... I'm a bit worried because of the time lapse, and I wonder how I'll be able to cope with that. I'm sure I can just stick my foot back in there again.
Visions of spaces have been popping up in my brain, and I need that creativity hands on stuff.

Regarding Korea, I could certainly see myself staying or coming back here...but that is yet to be seen. I know that it's for me to go back to Canada to get a reality check, to see how I feel with the coming home, and the situations there. And time will tell. Not having any feeling of how that will go, or no way to control it is really frustrating...but what can I do?

Well that's that. Exposure complete...almost.
I'd better git myself to bed soon. Dont wanna get sicker...later gator!

No comments: