Saturday, May 06, 2006

Seoul fun

Yep, I ended up coming to Seoul for the weekend. Completely unexpected mostly. I was going to go to Gyongju (not my town of Gwangju) which is one of the best places to go in Korea for temples and history. I was really looking forward to going, and it seemed like the weekend to do it because of the long weekend (Children's Day is the holiday)...but it ended up by the time John and I hooked up to go at the Bus Terminal the only buses that left were 2 hours later..and to make the best of the weekend we decided to different places...and I came to Seoul. Yayy!

So here I am...at 2 pm on a Sat night....in a cooooool PC room that isthe coolest one I've seen yet. I've got TWO screens in front of me, and I'm addicted. Man, I love this country for technology and access to it!

I've been running around with Candice and her new boyfriend, Luca. He's nice enough...and he's been really helpful in getting around Seoul. He's lived in the States for the last 5 years, and just got back 4 months ago. So Candice and I have been in Korea for longer than he has...! Well...recently anyway.

So, I must tell you about the incident on the way here. I'm going to stay in a jimjilbang (sauna) tonight.....but when we were going around in the taxi, he stopped really close to a SUV, and I didnt see it very well...being rainy and dark and all....and I opened the door and ended up scratching his door. The guy was inside it too. Ugh..I felt so awful...and he came over, and was pretty upset, but composed..thank God. I just had this look of horror on my face, and I didnt know what to do....and he saw me, and I have to say it..thank goodness I'm not ugly...cuz it sure helps looking like damsel in distress...which I was.! How terrible is that....but funny enough..I was just watching a show of 'Joey' the other day, and the whole topic was how girls that were 'hot' could get things for free, or get away with things! Ha ha... That sounds like I'm quite conceded and arrogant, and I hate that..but its the only way to describe the situation! Ha ha!

Soooo for my bigger news...I GOT MY CAMERA!!! It's a Nikon. And I'm quite surprised about that. I really wanted the Panasonic Lumix, but there wasnt any zoom really. So the Nikon has a lot of features that I wanted. It doesnt have manual though...but I decided to sacrifice that because honestly, all the options on there will be enough to do the trick anyway. It does have an option for something similar too. It has a large screen, and tilt feature, which I realy use alot.

It's funny, the salesman got a picture together, and he gave me a hug when we were done! Hahaa! I'll have to post that as soon as I can figure out how to download it. Man, I hope I made the right decision, but I think I did for what I got. Eeesh..I gotta just make up my mind, and go for it at some point!! Geeez! But now I want to get a Polaroid, and a bigger SLR..and and and! I think I just need to be a photographer!! Haha! But this is great for what I need now. I just ahve to find out if I can fix my Canon somewhere and I'm set. Even if it's slow or not. THe Nikon is good because I can just stick it in my pocket too. AND its FAster!

Candice and I went to the Korean National Museum today too. Wow..if anything it's fantastic design! The use of marble and granite and any stone here is just breathtaking. Its' funny how much I notice this stuff, and most people dont really I find. I'm soo glad I have that insight from design school and experience. And the lighting here just blows my mind too.
And the attention to the littlest details.

Candice and I went out to an Italian restaraunt too...and had penne with eggplant and cheese. YUM. It's funny, the thing most waeguks (foreigners) miss the most is Cheese.!!! ME tooo! Even if there's some cheese here, its just different.

Whaddya do.
Well, I'd better get to bed at the JJB (jimjilbang). Talk soon!

No comments: