Monday, May 29, 2006

Monday after the weekend

Ha..some Korean guy is freaking out...he's quite drunk. Or somethign is really going on with him. He's yelling at the top of his lungs. He could even be some crazy down at Main and Hastings or something. Strange. I haven't seen anything like that since I've been here in Korea. Wow. Just dawned on me.
There's apparently a huge drinking problem in Korea. You can buy soju in a 550 ml bottle for about a dollar anywhere, and there's pubs everywhere-on every block prettymuch. It seems very neighbourly on one end, and I suppose this creates an issue on the other. The thing is that I feel quite safe here regardless..from drunken men. Or maybe it's just that I havent really been paying much attention, or have not been in areas where there are a lot of these issues taking place.

Anyway, I am glad that I live in an apartuh building with electronic keypad lock on the door, and separate keys do the doors, etc. And sensor lighting that activates obviously to motion. Very glad. I feel spoiled sometimes. I suppose I am at the moment. I'm really goign to miss that. The things that I have grown accustomed to. And things that I'm goign to be annoyed with canada because it isnt like that there. I'm sure I'll be saying...Cmon Canada...get with it! How crazy is that?
Great. The standard has been raised..or changed..whichever comes first.

I went to taekwondo again tonight. I didnt go last week, and I'm feelin the difference. Tonight he got me to do all 3 poomsae which are three 'levels' of technique sequences. I could hardly remember the first one..which isnt such a terrible thing, I think because it's been months since I did it last. So I felt pretty good with where I'm at right now so far. I realy have to keep going. I just needed a break, and I was sick last week too. Even if it was just my ears and a headache.

Anyway, I had a good weekend. We went out on Sat night with Rachel and Lucia (teachers from Kids Club) for Rachel's birthday (on Tuesday). Yu-Gin is leaving Kids Club in a few days to go to Europe, and I'm realy going to miss her. We're at the same spot it seems in life, and she's having a hard time here because she's in her 30's and not married. It's a big pressure by her family and society to be married at least in your mid 20's... Man, I'm glad that I dont have that kind of pressure. It's bad enough being alone in your 30's let alone the other stuff like clock ticking. Man, never thought it was real, but it certainly is. What a phenomenon!

Well, tonight while listening to my favorite radio ITunes- Secret Agent on Soma FM, I found a great new band that I'm in love with! Hefner! Google them for the cool sgraphics and sounds. LOVE it.

Anyhoo..I've got a headache, and I gotta get some zzzzz's. I really do spend WAY too much time on this puter! I gotta get out and do some exploring and exercise more!

Wednesday is election holiday...so we'll see.

Gnite for now! Love to everyone out there!

No comments: