Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Oh the Drama

Well, yesterday I had an interesting incident in school/work. A girl in one of the classes who is always quite quiet came up to me quite quietly. (ha hows that for English 'Q' words?!) I didnt know what was happening but then I noticed that she had her hand over her face, and then there was blood everywhere. Then I realized that she was having a nosebleed. Man, I forgot about that kind of stuff. It was fully gushing. I've never seen such a gushing nosebleed in my life! So I sat her down and got her head back...I couldnt remember if it was forward or back, but back seemed to be the thing to do...and it helped. All the kids started to help me clean up the mess....on the floor and on her dress. It's amazing how bratty kids can be, and then if someone needs something like some attention of some sort, they all drop everything and help. Almost all of them. Ha.
I got one of the kids to call another teacher, and when she got there, she pretty much just took her to wash up and tossed it off. One of the other girls, Bonny, in the class was very attentive and wanted to sit beside the girl (Crystal is her name), and she made sure that she had a big wad of toilet paper up her nose to stop it. At one point Crystal took it out...and Bonny promptly grabbed more toilet paper and stuffed it up her nose! It was quite funny actually for me...or I should say amusing. Kids are human after all! Haha.
Something else happened but I dont happen to remember what at the moment. Will add it later..
Oh, so I've been appointed to teach the kids belly dancing for our school play in November. That's going to be interesting!!
Today I decided to get the kids folding paper today. I wish I could remember the word for it in Korean. It's NOT origami! I've really started to learn some of the differences and similarities in cultures. It's interesting. And other Asian cultures too. Stuff I never thought about until I've come here.
Ha ha....and I"m watching a TV show about jewelry making, and ribbon roses. Yep, you gotta have pretty stuff. What I love about it is that the men are attentive to this stuff too..and have an appreciation of it...and aren't afraid of wearing it themselves. For example, if a guy is with his girlfriend, or even a friend, its not uncommon for him to carry her purse. And that doenst mean by any means that he isn't a manly man. I just LOVE it. They ALL wear pink, and combine really awesome colors, and have fashion sense. Yes, there's the ones who don't quite have it all together, but its rare. The women all wear pretty things, dresses and heels ALL the time. And pretty ones with bows and flowers and a beaded necklace. Short sweaters or 'Boleros' are all the thing. Sometimes I feel I've stepped back into 1950 or something combined with 1980s. Oh yah, and the 80's are alive, leggings under everything. Long 'shirt dresses' with leggings under. I love how they layer things. I've learned a lot that way. Funny...I wonder how it will be for me to come back to Canada. I'm gonna be dressing waaaayyyy to pretty or something. But who cares. I love it. Something else to incorporate into my style. Oh yah, guys wear suits ALL the time too. Boy heaven for that reason. Ha haa...
Wow, that was a run on paragraph...can't help it. What else do you do.
Okay, that's all I can think of for now...
Gnite.

No comments: