Thursday, July 27, 2006

JeJu-Do Island Tomorrow!

Yep, its holiday time. All 2 days of it. :S Neh. Thank goodness its a weekend too. Or I'd go nuts.
Anyway, I'm off to the island of Jeju. IT's the Hawaii of Korea. It takes 4 hrs on a ferry or about 40 mins or so on an airplane, and I'm doing Both! Flying there, and ferry back. So we'll see how that is. I get to take the ferry back to Mokpo, which is a town that I visited in January. Wow..that was a while ago! Went fast! I'd love to go back there quickly, and so I shall!
It's goign to be a true adventure for sure. I dont have an official place to stay, but I'm planning on staying in Jimjilbangs. Cheapest way to do it. But it's first come-first serve idea. I say that because pretty much everyone that can goes to Jeju right now. So it might be too busy. In that case, Korea is known for being able to sleep ANYWHERE...and I plan on going Korean style! Ha. Or I can camp out in the fresh air or something crazy like that. Why not?
I plan on visiting the volcano that made the island, the waterfalls, the tunnels/caves, the beaches, and possibly even the Teddy Bear Museum...yep..u heard right! Everyone raves about Jeju in Korea, so I hope it's worth it ;)
I was planning on going back to Canada or making another major trip on this holiday, but I cant get anymore days off right now...so what can u do? :S People work here like mad! And since I'm here I do too...well somewhat.
I was also hoping to go to China this weekend, but it looks like it's too much for me right now too. SO maybe another time.
Japan I'd like to go back to, and I would love to go to Vietnam, and Thailand..just cuz. Too many things to do and to see! I guess u cant do them all...but I'm too optimistic. Imagine that!
eesh...I'm feeling quite grumpy today. A lot of drama...mostly in my head but real.! Ha ha..that sounds dangerously psycho! Ha ha.. Don't worry..I'm not going nuts...yet. THings you cant control can do taht to u.
It's funny though....we're having a 'festival' in November. I'm assuminng its then because John and I will be leaving. So they asked John to teach a Taekwondo number, and for me to do a belly dancing number! HA! How the heck do you teach kids belly dancing of all things! Specially a 'sexy' dance?! But...I was to be surprised.
One day I just got them to do some very simple moves, and it was a blast! One kid, Sam is pretty good at 'snake arms' too! It's fun to break up the monotony of trying to get them to sit and listen...which is nearly impossible...from what my standards are from what i remember we were expected to do in school..or ELSE. Not so much here....especially when kids think they can get away with much much more because I dont understand or speak Korean. Little do they know!
Hehhh ehhhhhhh....evil laugh. I understand WAY more than they think I do! It's fun to answer them in Korean once in a while. THen they go around to everyone in the class and yell...Wendy teacher Hangul mal! Or close to that idea. And then they all want me to say it again! ha ha. It's cute.
Man, I'm gonna miss these kids. I really love them. Specially when they've been bad and i gotta put them in the Baby chair...or punish them in some way, and then after I try to remember to give them a hug and say 'I love you' or something like that...and then they either get all teary eyed, or get all happy an dit's all forgotten. I wonder how many times I got teary as much as they have. Little boys seem to be my favorite..with their constant mischief and things in their pockets, and trying to see how high they can fly their paper airplanes, or Danny begging me to play bingo! Or Sam screaming like a girl and then laughing histerically. Or Maria shocking me with the English that she knows when I least expect it. That kid is quite the piece of work!
..And then there's orange class. My nightmare...they always seem to be the kids that are the ahrdest to work with. THey're just between everything. And they need CONSTANT change and energy and ..... but they're cute too. And they beg me for bingo as well! I'm not playing bingo much tho, because the parents have wondered if that's all they know how to do in English is say Bingo! SO it's backfired a little..but they have learned a lot through Bingo...so Im finding ways of changing the method of approach!
Wow...so much for a little blurb and then off to bed! But I gotta do that now. I've been worrying so much its showing, and I cant do that...specially to myself. It's amazing what isolation can do to your brain! It goes off tha hook! But I still love living in another culture and language. It's constantly fascinating...and I think I must thrive on it.
Okay...seriusly...off to bed!

No comments: