Friday, July 21, 2006

Lowered Expectations

Typhoon Weather and Birthdays

It was my birthday on Tuesday, and it was the day that the typhoon decided to dump the most. It's been interesting for me because I've always been kinda proud of the fact that I always have nice weather on my birthday and have come to have expectations about it...funny how that is. And silly too. But it turned out okay...and the kids at school in Red class (my fave class) sang Happy Birthday to me..which was sooper awesome. I love those kids. And that was thanks to Rachel teacher. :P Then John Teacher and I went to Baskin Robbins for an icecream cake. Now, you might not know, but in Korea that's a pretty cute cake. They have this thing for cute and little cakes here...its kinda funny. I got one that was white and pink with pink flowers on it, and it was yogurt. It had little red heart sprinkles on it to! I wish i could remember the 'name of it'. Something like 'Sweet Garden' or something. The pink flowers remind me of my favorite birthday when i turned 7 I think. I ate that cake and had a big party (the fairy tale kind of party that every girl dreams about with her friends), and then I promptly got super sick that night and threw it all up! Ha ha..but I still have happy memories of that cake. So Pink and White was in the order!
So I have a video of the whole birthday thing...and I'll link it up to here I hope.

So I havent written much..been thinking of it...but just no real energy to do it. I'm in the place of processing a lot of stuff. My birthday was a bit depressing because it's just the realization that I'm 33 now, an dmy life hasn't necessarily come to what I had hoped and tried to have it be. But what do you do about that kind of thing? It's a lot about choices and things like that. And I always wanted to not have regrets, and to make the right choices. It looks like I havent always made the right choices...but I do have a lot of intentions to keep trying to make the right ones.

Future goals:
1. Stop worrying so much!
2. Focus on the future while staying in the now not to be over frivolous and more productive in life
3. Work on my belief in God to be confident with what He wants for me and trust him.
4. Travel as much as I can while I can
5. I would love a future with a family- a husband and kids, but we'll see. Maybe I'm not meant to have that.
6. Learn to save and not spend as much!
7...we'll see don't worry be happy.....


So...there was the mud festival...and here's the link so you'll get what this is all about a bit more. http://www.mudfestival.or.kr/english/festival/festival1.php

Pics are on the flickr website as always.

Okay, well that was my birthday. Oh yah, John came out to hang out after...it was too rainy and everyone didnt want to do anything. :( It's okay, this time I didnt mind being low key. I must be getting older! Eeesh!

Kay that's it for now....except what do I do for the holiday of 4 days at the end of this month? Hmmmm...

No comments: