Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Doctor Visit

Well, yesterday I went to visit the doctor. About my rib really hurting and I thought it could possibly be broken or at least cracked. Thank God it isn't, but he ended up saying that he would give me a shot to help the muscle. And so that's what he did. But the freaky thing is that he gave me THREE shots UNDER the ribs, and in to the NERVES in my muscle! Okay, I was a bit freaked out, but man, it sure helped and worked!!
I just had blood work done too just before that, and that's no problem, but I was so nervous because when I was younger, I did a lot of reading in medical books and about midwifery. And there I learned about epidurals and how crazy and potentially dangerous they can be! A needle going RIGHT into your spinal cord and if it hits the wrong muscle...just a smidgen, you could be impaired for life. So guess what's going thru my mind when he's doign that. And needles going into the trunk of yer body is a bit freaky if u ask me. He said after when I mendtioned why I was nervous, was because of this, and he said...oH! I give about 12 epidurals every day! Well that made me feel better...after!
His office was beautiful...and the caption in the waiting room was "We care, God cures" Wow. You wouldnt see that in Canada, unless it was a very religous space, and not generally. I liked it actually.
I wish I got pictures of it. It was designed quite well. The place is actually a clinic, but when you go into the treatment room, there were beds all along the walls, and the emergency room curtains around them, open or closed, and a bunch of people there being treated. Interesting.
The finishes were nice, and it felt intimate and peaceful. I got an xray done of my ribs..,and got ushered around to different places. I saw the doctor about 4 or 5 times in general. The funny thing was talking to him at first, and we got talking about the design, and then he said...I guess you didnt come here to talk about design, and so I guess I'd better treat you! IT was quite nice. I didnt feel that I was being rushed, and I felt like I was being listened to. And it was personable. And in English! yay.
So now I'm taking some muscle relaxants for a few days. And I cant go to Taekwondo this week :( Oh well, I think i need a bit of a relaxing week.
It was relaxing yesterday, nice and warm and sunny...no coat kind of spring day. I got to work and the kids were gone on a picnic, so I didnt have to do anythign till 2! That was quite nice. I went and got some cheeze toast and a smoothie all for $2 or 2000 won. Sweet lunch! And quite good. And of course, cheap!
So today, I'm still feeling fine, I cant feel my rib issue so much, but if this cough keeps up, I'll be going back. He's doing blood work for antibodies to the vaccines I got in Canada and need to update. So we'll see. I just want to get them DONE! So 70,000 won later...this is with no medical insurance...and considering that's quite a fine price... in canada I dont even want to know how much that would be.
Well, that's it for now. I'll have to write about my weekend in Gukseong...but pictures do most of that. Just ask, and you'll get em, or email me. bendycha@hotmail.com Righto...catch ya later!