Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Now I think it might work....for Thursday Nov 10

I've always liked the number 10. Just seems clean and neat and simple to the contrary...in that I mean the binary code!!! Heh. Okay, enough of the philosophizing...

I'm so sad that the last two blogs didnt work. They had some good information that I don't think that I can replicate. I think I went and deleted them accidentally because I can't read Korean yet. Darnit. Whaddya do.

Well I got an amazing picture that should have been on National Geographic or something. This elderly lady that is a vendor on the street....oh man...I couldn't resist. I havent really asked someone for their picture in Korea yet, except for the guys at the airport (!) because I didnt know how hospitable they would feel. But this lady as soon as I motioned to her that I wanted to take her picture, she acted like she was not suitable for a picture. She wiped her forehead with her sleeve, and muttered some think like....oh not me!, and then grinned away. I can hardly wait to post this picture. I walked away with a big grin on my face!
It's something to paint I think!

Well, the last two days were quite somethign. Talk about learning curve! I honestly don't know how I'm managing these kids or the classroom....but I am somehow! Only 5 minutes between classes....so really I dont have time to think about it..which ends up being good. Today I did an hour class with only one student, Jenny, with NO warning. I was quite proud of myself...even if I did just follow the book. Wait a minute..who am I kidding? I always follow the book! Tee hee!

Did I say yet about all the horn honking? EVERYWHERE!!! Loud music on the street, motorcycles on the road and the sidewalk...it's not that dangerous feeling though. Bicycles ringing their bells at you to get out of the way...little babies strapped on to mother's backs....really! On the way home tonight, as I stopped to look at the variety of sizes of live octopus in separate basins, a lady said 'octopus' in korean (I wish I could remember it now), and picked up a live octopus to show me! I've never seen a live one before...and it all curled up...coool! Then I noticed that her baby was on her back, an dhe was eating a 'pocky stick' . For those who don't know what a pocky stick is...go to your local Asian store....actually they're getting more popular in other stores too. They are sweet 'cracker' like sticks dipped in chocolate, or strawberry, or vanilla, or other wierd things. They can get quite addicting. So her baby had one, and she said "pepero", or what I know it as....a pocky stick.

Apparently tomorrow in Korea, because it is November 11, or 11/11, and the 1 is in the shape of a stick, everyone brings pepero's to school to share and trade! Ha! Interesting! I wonder if the adults do that too....

Okay, I went shopping again tonoight for food and such at Zero Market. Koreans are very appreciative of beauty and the like. Everyother store is a beauty shop, hairdresser, or clothing store, with gadget stores inbetween full of stationery or plants or food. Anyway, I got a few face packs, which are a sheet instead of a mask for your face. The options are crazy and really really awesome. Let's see, one was lotus, one was aloe, one was kiwi, one was carrot, ....I got potato!, a collagen one (don't tell!), and a ginseng essence mask. There were more that I can't really remember right now.

There was perfume like CK1 that was about 25$! Oh, and since I lost it, I got a pair of sunglasses last night for $35 that I'd like to think were Donna Karan cuz it says DK on it. Who knows. From the case it came in, it should be! Oh yes, there's a glasses shop every street at least...maybe even 2 or 3! They have the funkiest glasses there!

Oh, and for the interior designers or those interested, all the lighting is VERY environmentally friendly. Or power consuming friendly. Now I'm trying to remember what the lamp is called...grrr but they're the long skinny ones that are very white bright. Every store has tonnes of them..and most are hanging right out in the open. I've got a great 'fluorescent' light in my room, and MR16's in every corner. Man this is GREAT!

Oh, and it's really easy to remember to take off your shoes everywhere, because the floor is lower there, and the shoe cupboard is right beside it. Yep. I think I like it.

Okay...back to the supermarket....I went to buy green veggies...and went to take some, and it was promptly whisked out of my hand by a lady who had a bag for me, and put it on a scale to price it. It was priced and handed back to me like it was in the bulk section of SaveOn with a sticker on it. COOL! You get SERVICED here! What I love the most is that the garlic is all peeled for you! Comeon Canada! Get with the times! Tee hee. Well, there's something about buying a clove of garlic anyway.

And I got ketchup, thousand island is the only dressing I saw there, and I LOVE 1000 island too. Olive Oil mayo...and Nick if you're reading this....IT"S REAL MAYO! We can now live in Korea! Heh. Nott that salad dressing crap that I can't stand! So...my dinner tonight is potatoes and mayo /ketchup, and corn from a can. Yep, that's fine by me. Salad coming up. All of us Irish ppl can survive here now! Heh.

What else...hmmm
I'm gonna close off for now, and hope that this saves and I dont delete it!
Love you all and keep in touch okay?
There is an option to comment, and I'd love to see some!

No comments: