Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Look what I found! Backtracking! Yayyyy!

Well, today ....lets say I got through it. I woke up wondering how I was going to control and entertain the kindys, and by the time it got to it....it went spectacularily. You should have seen me doing 'smiley face, surprised face, sad face, funny face (complete with tongue sticking out!)' with them! Ha haaa! Elementary was another story though...I had a couple of classes run my class! Ahem. WE'll have to see about that next time. I think it's rules, and then rewards. That's gotta do it. It's funny how I don't know how I'm gonna do a class, and then I just go in, and I have no choice and just DO it. Wowzers. Thank God for the CELTA course I took, believe it or not. It is helping me to teach them better.... One guy, Andrew ( you know, almost all of them have 'western' names- I hope no one 'gave' them out, because I think that native people shouldnt have to adapt their names as much as ossible. They have those names and that is their identity. oookayyy...just my opinion....so Andrew, he is about 16 or so, and he has been quite quiet. And today I got him talking and the rest of the class by using tone of voice. SAY those question marks like you mean them! Heh. Oh, I went and got myself a pair of what I would like to think are Donna karan sunglasses tonight. All mine are broken, and i just can't bear to live without sunglasses...also because my eyes all water up when I dont have them. They were only 35$!!!! Even if they weren't real...who cares...it was certainly fun. And they came in a cool case....very very cool!Ooooh tonight I got the best picture of an elderly lady on the street. Oh man, it should go to National Geographic I would think! (I wish) Woohooo! She was adorable when I motioned to take her picture. She made some gesture that she was a bit embarrassed, but she wasnt really. She wiped her forehead, and then grinned the cutest grin ever. Man...that was worth a thousand words. I noticed that some people walking down the street have masks on. I asked YuGen what that was about and she said that most women wear them because it is to preserve their skin!!!! Imagine that! And all this time I was thinking that it was because of SARS or something! Ha! I do think it's becasue of pollution too though. I dont feel that there is really a lot of pollution here though. Maybe in the summer or somthing. I can't begin to tell you how great it is to not be in the rain! I am truly on vacation from winter here! Kay...I can't seem to concentrate right now....will write more later....Later!!!

No comments: