Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The 2 week countdown

Well, it's less than 2 weeks until I leave Korea. I can't believe it's come and gone already! Strangie. I've learned so much. Changed a lot, even though I feel the same. I'll bet I'll really see the difference when I go back to the N. American continent. In some ways I dont want to leave Korea. It has become a home to me.
I'm so glad that I've kept this blog. Even if it has waned during the year, at least I've put important stuff on here.
So, what have I learned and experienced? There's a lot to that...in a year. But here's a smidgen. I've learned a bit of the Korean language, the culture, experienced the generosity of the people. I can understand generally what someone is saying in a conversation. I wish I could compose a few sentences that are a bit better than what I can, but that's ok.
I could see myself coming back to Korea, depending on how I feel and how things go when I get back to Canada. I'd like to live in Busan or something like that. I'd like to go to Japan and China still. I did spend a few days in Fukoka, Japan, but I would love to go and see the rest of it.
I've had the opportunity to teach kindergarten, elementary, and a bit of highschool kids. That's taught me more than anything. Man, kids are great. They can drive u nuts, but looking over it, they always come and make u smile somehow. They can be mad at u one minute, and come and hug you the next. And for no reason. Man, I have to remember how to be that forgiving! Forgive and forget that's for sure!
Yesterday, I told my fave class, "red class" that I had to go to canada in 2 weeks. They know it, and they were actually asking, but somehow it was more 'real. One little guy, Sam just took it quite hard. As soon as I showed him on the calandar he started crying, and full on put his head down on the desk for a few minutes and was crying! Oh I got teary and my heart was being pulled...I love that kid! He got up and was wiping his eyes. Just about killed me. But at least they do know that that's how it is when we get here. I wonder if I'll see them again.
So I have no idea how I'm going to pack all my Korean wardrobe collections up! I do have HUGE suitcases, but geez. Here I was trying to not get things when I came, but so much for that! It's okay, I'm glad I did. Even if I didnt save anything.
Anyway, I'll have to finish this later. Lunchtime is winding down...and I gotta do my 5 minutes of prep! Ha ha!
Later!
Oh, and Obi, keep pluggin. It's all part of the trip ;)

No comments: