Sunday, October 15, 2006

This is the bike I rode on with the Korean opera singer!!!!


Hey everybuddeeee....
It's been a week since I got back from Chuseok (the Korean Thanksgiving that's as big of a deal as Christmas in the Americas..) and I still havent got to writing about it. I think I'll have to do it in snippetts or something, as time permits.

Well as you see above theres a bit of a story to this bike ride....but that willl come a bit later.

So Chuseok started for me on Friday afternoon when I got off work at 3 pm as usual. I decided to hang out around Gwangju and relax for the weekend, and then leave for Gyeongju on Sunday afternoon. I left Gwangju at 4:50 pm and arrived in Gyeongju almost 4 hours later. It was quite dark, and I just got to the bus station, and then decided to wander around.
I saw a hotel that advertised a sports massage but it turned out they didnt have it available...which rather sucked. No worries. Then I found a hostel that charged about 25 a night. Nah....jimjilbang it is for me. I found downtown somehow, and did some window shopping. Then got a taxi to find the nearest jimjilbang. I've been looking forward to a jimjilbang for a while now. Thank God for them!

The lady there was a bit rude as I got there at 1 30 am and they were cleaning up the sauna room where u shower, and she told me I couldnt wash up! That's the first time that's happened. No worries...upstairs I went to sleep. I found a really nice corner on the marble floor and a pillow and crashed in the room full of snoring people.

The next mornign I woke up at around 930 and checked my email and then got ready to go. I had no idea how or what I wanted to do really. I did some research online to see what sites I should see.

Got a taxi to the bus station where there was an info center, as i decided that might be a good way to figure out where to go and how to do it...someone there spoke some English..yay.

I found out what bus went to a place that's called Poseokjeongji which what is left of an ancient palace or temple and theres a water trough in stone where the kings used to float their tea cups and/or candles. It's really tranquil and beautiful.

Then there was a tomb there of a king, which was the first one i went right up to. There was one downtown too, but I didint clue in to what it was right away as it was night and i was tired.! Duh!

Caught the bus back, and then went to try to go to another place that was a famous Buddha statue, but I got out there an hour later to connect to another bus that went up the mountain and I found out I just missed it. Grrr... oh well.

K, I gotta run.....will continue my Gyeongju adventures....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]bendycha.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Let me present you with one fact here. Recent Scientific Research shows that closely 80% of all U.S. adults are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.